Last Update: December 5, 2005
2005 Florida Championship Cup
Dixie Cup Colonial Cup
CRS Past Results 2002 2003 2004
Scorekeeper: Joe Walter
Events: 1-Palm Beach Gardens (completed) , 2-Orlando (completed), 3-St. Petersburg (completed), 4-The Villages (completed), 5-Jacksonville (completed), 6-South Daytona (completed).
This series has been completed
Rules Listed below the scoring table.
|Skipper's Name||Palm Beach||Orlando||St. Pete||Lady Lake||Jacksonville||So. Daytona||Total||Position|
|Color Key:||Regatta Winner||* Ties are broken by the highest points scored in the biggest regatta.|
The Florida Championship
The Florida EC-12 Association sponsors a special trophy for the EC-12 Class. This award will go to the captain who has the best over-all score for the regattas held in Florida. The Jacksonville Model Yacht Club scorekeeper has volunteered to keep track of the scores and maintain a running total that will be posted at each event. The purpose on this award is to increase attendance at regattas without punishing the very people that make our hobby possible, the RDís and staff members. Just think what our sport would be like if no one wanted to be RD.
Florida Championship Rules
1. All scheduled regattas in Florida are part of this series.
2. Only regattas scheduled at the beginning of the year shall qualify. Last minute regattas for locals only will not qualify.
3. All qualifying regattas will be 2 day events.
4. All EC-12 Captains who are dues paying members of the Florida EC-12 Association are eligible. You do not have to be a Florida resident.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. Each entrant in a regatta that actually starts at least one heat gets 5 points for their entry. No shows get zero points.
7. Each entrant gets 1 point for each boat they beat. If you win a 20 boat regatta, you get 19 points, 2nd = 18 etc. Last place only receives the 5 points for entering.
8. The winner of each event gets and additional 5 bonus points. Second place gets 4 bonus points. Third gets 3 bonus points. Fourth gets 2 bonus points and fifth gets 1 bonus point. If you win a 20 boat regatta you get 5 points for entering, 19 points for beating 19 boats and 5 points for finishing first. Your point total for that event would be 29.
9. In the event of ties, the highest score for each captain in a regatta he actually sailed in will be used to break ties. Points RDís and staff members received shall not be used to break ties. If there are still ties the AMYA tie breaking system will be used.
10. The Regatta Director and any of his staff that would normally sail in the event will be awarded 1 point for each boat entered and 5 points for administrating the event.
11. In the event the RD and/or some of the staff also sail in the event, they shall be awarded points like all the other entrants.
12. An RD or staff member may only receive points for administrating one event per season. For all other events in the series that they administrate they shall receive 5 points, unless rule 11 applies.
13. At the end of the year, each Captainís points for the four (4) regattas in which they scored the highest score will be totaled and the captain with the most points will win the trophy. The top five (5) will qualify for the East Coast Championship Cup.