Last Update: September 21, 2009
2009 New England Cup
Dixie Cup Florida Championship Cup Colonial Cup
CRS Past Results 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008
All New England States
Scorekeeper: Brian Jobson
Events: 1-Newport May 16-17 (Completed), 2-Stowe Jun 6-7 (Completed) , 3-Mystic Aug 21-23 (Completed), 4-Deep River Sep 12-13(Completed) .
This series has concluded.
Rules Listed below the scoring table.
|NOREASTER||Green Mountain||Mystic Model Yacht||Thunder Mug|
|Newport RI||Stowe VT||Mystic CT||Deep River CT|
|May 16-17||Jun 6-7||Aug 21-23||Sept 12 -13|
|Racer||R1 Championships||New England Cup|
|Last Name||First Name||Points||Points||Points||Points||Place||Standings||Points|
|Brawner||David||27||staff 23||3||Chuck Luscomb||53|
The 2009 New England Cup
The Dry Pants Model Yacht Club sponsors a special trophy for the EC-12 Class. This award will go to the captain who has the best over-all score for the regattas held in the series. Brian Jobson has volunteered to act as scorekeeper and maintain a running total that will be posted after each event. The purpose of this award is to increase attendance at regattas without punishing the very people that make our hobby possible, the RDís and staff members. Just think what our sport would be like if no one wanted to be RD.
New England Cup Rules
1. All regattas listed on the schedule as New England Cup events are part of this series.
2. Only regattas scheduled prior to the start of the season shall qualify. Last minute regattas for locals only will not qualify.
3. All EC-12 Captains are eligible
4. There is no additional entry fee.
5. Each entrant in a regatta that actually starts at least one heat gets 5 points for their entry. No shows, get no points.
6. Each entrant gets 1 point for each boat they beat. If you win a 20 boat regatta, you get 19 points, 2nd = 18 etc. Last place only receives the 5 points for entering.
7. The winner of each event gets an additional 5 bonus points. Second place gets 4 bonus points. Third gets 3 bonus points. Fourth gets 2 bonus points and fifth gets 1 bonus point. If you win a 20 boat regatta you get 5 points for entering, 19 points for beating 19 boats and 5 points for finishing first. Your point total for that event would be 29.
8. In the event of ties, the highest score for each captain in a regatta he actually sailed in will be used to break ties. Points RDís and staff members received shall not be used to break ties. If there are still ties the AMYA tie breaking system will be used.
9. The Regatta Director and any of his staff that would normally sail in the event will be awarded 1 point for each boat entered and 5 points for administrating the event.
10. In the event the RD and/or some of the staff also sail in the event, they shall be awarded points like all the other entrants.
11. An RD or staff member may only receive points for administrating one event per season. For all other events in the series that they administer they shall receive 5 points.
12. At the end of the year, each Captainís points for the Four (4) regattas in which they scored the highest score will be totaled and the captain with the most points will win the trophy. The top three (3) will qualify for the 2008 Championship Regatta and a chance to win the Sir Francis of Graham trophy.